The principal objects of the Association are:
- To provide the peak body for muzzle-loading and muzzle-loading shooting clubs in New South Wales.
- To promote muzzle-loading shooting as a sport in New South Wales.
- To bring unity to the various muzzle-loading and muzzle-loading shooting clubs in New South Wales.
- To set up uniform shooting and scoring rules for inter-club competitions.
- To arbitrate on disputes between member clubs.
- To represent member clubs, and muzzle-loading shooting generally, to other sporting bodies.
- To represent member clubs, and muzzle-loading shooting generally, to persons, government, statutory authorities or inquiries that may have influence over the sport of muzzle-loading shooting.
- To protect and safeguard the interests of member clubs and their muzzle-loading members at all levels.
- To develop a code of ethical conduct for all using muzzle-loading firearms.
- To work to establish in legislation the lawful right of persons of good repute to, acquire, build, assemble, keep and use muzzle-loading firearms for legitimate purposes.